ma 28. syysk.|
World premiere of Musta Tarantula – The Black Tarantula
Helsinki Chamber Choir performs new collaborative works by composers and dramaturges, cond. Hannu Norjanen
Time & Location
28. syysk. 2020 klo 19.30 – 21.00
Musiikkitalo, Musiikkitalo, Töölönlahdenkatu, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
About the event
Choral works produced in collaboration by composition students at the Sibelius Academy and master’s-degree writing students at the Theatre Academy.
Concert will be live-streamed on Youtube.
The project grew out of a text/poetry analysis course jointly arranged by the Department of Composition and Music Theory at the Sibelius Academy and the master’s-degree programme in writing at the Theatre Academy. The composer-writer pairs formed during the courses given in autumn 2018 and 2019 continued their mutual exploration of their way of working, and the result was this colourful collection of choral works to texts in Finnish and English.
- Stephen Webb: & Jaakko Pallasvuo: The Financial Anxiety Madrigals
- Joonas Kuikka: Poem for Choir (2019)
- Leevi Räsänen & Tarleena Laakko: Musta Tarantula — The Black Tarantula
- Matti Laine & Anni Rajamäki: RAUHOTU
- Alıshan Keçebaşoğlu & Milka Luhtaniemi: it’s perfect